Giving Back . . .
Surfers Against Sewage
Blue Brontide is situated on the beautiful East Coast so we are passionate & proud to be helping protecting our great British coastline by supporting Surfers Against Sewage, a national marine conservation and campaigning charity that inspires, unites and empowers communities to take action to protect oceans, beaches, waves and wildlife. By joining the SAS 250 club we are joining a network of likeminded businesses and individuals who are committed to reduce the amount of ocean pollution.
Plastic Pollutions Stats & Facts
- Plastic pollution can now be found on every beach in the world, from busy tourist beaches to uninhabited, tropical islands nowhere is safe.
- Every day approximately 8 million pieces of plastic pollution find their way into our oceans.
- There may now be around 5.25 trillion macro and microplastic pieces floating in the open ocean. Weighing up to 269,000 tonnes.
- Approx 5,000 items of marine plastic pollution have been found per mile of beach in the UK.
- Over 150 plastic bottles litter each mile of UK beaches.
If you are interested in joining a community of people united in protecting our coastlines head over to the Surfers Against Sewage page to learn more or why not do your own mini #minibeechclean. Every action taken, big or small makes an impact, & every piece of plastic removed is a small victory in our battle to create Plastic Free Coastlines! Together we are the voice of the ocean & collaboratively we can support the growing efforts for a cleaner environment.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, In fact, it's the only thing that ever has." ~ Margaret Mead ~